BÜRO IN HANNOVER
Monaco Tourismus und Kongress Büro
Kaus Media Services
Tel : +49 511 899 890 41
Fax : +49 511 899 890 69
The Port de Monaco has a new flagship: the headquarters of the Yacht Club de Monaco and the Nautical Society, which opened on 20 June 2014
The Principality of Monaco now has a development and promotional tool to reinforce its position as the world’s yachting capital.
The government in Monaco opted for a design by Lord Norman Foster, the famous British architect known for his high-tech and environmentally sensitive approach.
The project was designed in collaboration with Monegasque architect Alexandre Giraldi, under the supervision of the Public Works Office.
Conceived to be both aesthetically pleasing and at the cutting edge of technology, the building has been constructed to Haute Qualité Environnementale (HQE, High Quality Environmental) standards.
As sleek as the ocean liners which sailed between Britain and America at the beginning of the twentieth century, the building – the second floor of which is reserved exclusively for Yacht Club members – offers yachting professionals and amateurs alike a dedicated place to meet, and will contribute to the development of Port Hercule as well as the Principality’s reputation on the international stage.
Alongside the Nautical Society and the Sport Section (Youth and Adult) of the Yacht Club de Monaco (Y.C.M.), this nautical hub houses, in the Y.C.M. Club House, an atrium, the heart of the building on account of both its architectural originality and its strategic location. Its majestic helical staircase leads to all of the new spaces, including an exhibition room, a VIP area, a swimming pool and terrace, a library, a sports room and five spacious “cabins” to accommodate guests making a port stop.
Anzahl der Ansichten : 1401