The 16th Monte-Carlo Historic Rally, which is regarded as the most prestigious historic rally of the winter, will begin on 25 January and will end on 1 February 2013.
The first part of the Group Leg, from Valence to Gap, capital of the Hautes-Alpes, will start on Wednesday 30 January. The contestants will take a new route around the Drôme, Isère and the Hautes-Alpes. The place names evoke the Monte-Carlo classic races of yesteryear:
· Col de Gaudissart – La Cîme du Mas (department of the Drôme)
· St Barthelemy du Gua – St Michel les Portes (department of Isère)
· Time trial in Trièves at Clelles station
· Chichilianne – Col de Menée – Les Nonières (department of Isère and the Drôme)
· Les Savoyons – Col d’Espréaux – Barcellonnette (department of the Hautes-Alpes)
· Checkpoint at Tallard, before Gap, where the last checkpoint of the day will be set up, before the contestants enter the enclosure at the end of the Leg.
The second part of the Group Leg, Gap-Monaco, will begin on Thursday 31 January. It will consist of 278 km interspersed with two regularity tests:
· Bréziers – Selonnet
· Digne les Bains – Le Corobin – Chaudon-Norante
· Time trial at La Turbie in the beginning of the afternoon before contestants enter the enclosure on the Quai Albert 1er.
In the evening, at 8 pm, contestants will leave for the Final Stage, with three regularity tests:
· Col de Castillon – Col de Braus – Col des Portes-Loda
· Utelle – La Tour sur Tinée
· La Bollène-Vésubie – Le Turini – Sospel.
All the regularity tests will take place on roads that are open to traffic and the contestants will have access 15 minutes before the official start time.
The results will be published on Friday 1 February at 12 noon.
The traditional "Gala Evening" for all the contestants will take place at the Sporting Monte-Carlo.
Reserve your stays in the Principality of Monaco, visit the gardens and dicover the historical monuments. See the Hotel de Paris, the Fairmont Monte Carlo or one of the Casinos…..Find a perfectly adapted meeting space for your precise business needs or sport events just hire the Grimaldi Forum or one of our excellent meeting rooms in a range of hotels.