Monaco Government Tourist and Convention Office
7 Upper Grosvenor Street
London W1K 2LX
Tel : +44 (0)207 491 4264
Fax : +44 (0)207 408 2487
All kinds of activities are scheduled every day, throughout the day, from 22 December 2012 to 6 January 2013
During the school holidays, the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco is offering a programme of activities for discovering the marine world in a fun way.
One of the top activities this festive season: Father Christmas dives in
This year, Father Christmas is saying goodbye to the ice floes and is taking to the water with the sharks. After his dive, Father Christmas will give the children a message about protecting sharks and will talk to them about the role they can play with regard to the oceans. A unique kind of meeting!
• Every day: at 2.30 pm (Meet in front of the Sharks' Lagoon on Level -2)
New: the great "Treasure Hunt"
Walk around the rooms in the Temple of the Sea and try to solve some mysterious puzzles on the subject of the Museum and the oceans with your family. A prize will be awarded at the end of the visit for the best answers.
• Every day: from 10 am to 6 pm > A special "Treasure Hunt" booklet will be handed out at the ticket office
A journey around the world's seas
Thanks to Google's "Liquid Galaxy," it's possible to teleport yourself to the other side of the world in a few seconds. Set sail for the Azores or try the Arctic adventure, sailing towards Spitzberg on the route taken by Prince Albert Ier. This new-generation flight simulator, which is open to all, combines satellite images from Google Earth with 3D views. You can explore other countries without leaving the Museum!
• Every day: from 10 am to 6 pm > Open to all
Introductory sessions at 11.45 am and 3.30 pm
Activities that are back on the programme:
Feeding time for the fish
The "residents'" daily meal is a spectacular time and a unique opportunity to have a chat with the Museum's staff. Sitting in front of the aquarium, eyes fixed on the fish, children won't miss a single moment.
• Every day: at 11 am > Meet at the Aquarium (Level -1)
Meet the tortoises
Who's hiding under the third biggest shell in the world? An activity leader will reveal the characteristics of the spurred tortoises, which have come down through the ages and are now under threat.
• Every day: at 1 pm > Meet on the panoramic terrace (Level 2)
The Touch Pool!**
Touch a starfish, feel the sea urchin's prickles, stroke a baby Mediterranean shark … Supplement of 5 €/child (3 to 12 years of age), 15 children maximum per session, NO booking.
• Every day: at 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm and 4 pm > Meet in the Entrance Hall (Level 0)
The Cinema of the Sea
The marine world on a big screen! Every day, during the festive season, the Museum is screening a selection of poetic, unusual short films on the inhabitants of the sea.
• Every day: From 1 pm to 5 pm > Meet in the Lecture Room (Level 0)
* The Museum is offering a special-price ticket for 2 adult admission tickets and from 1 to 3 children's admission tickets. As an illustration, 29 euros instead of 42 euros for 4 people and 29 euros instead of 49 euros for 5 people. This offer is available directly from the ticket office from 22/12/2012 to 06/01/2013 inclusive, for a visit on the day the tickets are purchased only.
The activities and film screenings are available with no supplement, with the entrance tickets,** except for the "Touch Pool." Special ticket and registration at the ticket office.
Please note: The Museum will be closed on 25 December.
Full information is available on: www.oceano.mc
Photo credits: Dagnino
Number of views : 500