The Monaco Convention Bureau is part of Monaco Governmentf Tourist and Convention Authority, a Government Service, whose mission is to promote the Principality and its tourism facilities. The Government has at its service a team of professionals who are experienced in large-scale project management in the area of Business Tourism.
The Mission of the Convention Bureau:
The Monaco Convention Bureau works to promote the Destination of Monaco internationally by using its network of representative offices abroad.
Since 1995, the implementation of a global promotion policy for the Destination relating to Business Tourism has enabled the Convention Bureau to form associations with tourism partners, and to generate business in the short, medium and long term. Present on the main Business Tourism markets, it offers all of the Principality's tourism facilities for the organisation of professional events such as meetings, incentives, seminars, conferences, conventions, trade shows and so on.
Thanks to the policy put in place by the Government of Monaco, Business Tourism activity has been continually increasing since the 70's. Today, Business Tourism represents more than 30% of the total annual hotel nights sold within the Principality.
As a totally free of charge Government sponsored Service, the Monaco Convention Bureau provides complete advice about the Destination. It brings together all the tourism partners around medium and long-term projects, helping them to prepare marketing portfolios.
Its operating flexibility, adaptability, and neutrality, enable it to be a driving force throughout the various stages of a project's implementation by:
- participating in the concept's definition and in the analysis of the client's needs, thus ensuring that the global offer of the Destination corresponds to the client's project,
- optimising the means to be used for implementing the project, in association with the various professionals concerned,
- validating specifications,
- finalising the proposition and project follow-up.
Its Objectives :
The main objective of the Monaco Convention Bureau is to offer each organiser a suitable framework for the proposed event. Furthermore, if required it can provide thorough assistance to the organisation professionals right up until the final stage of the project. The institutional nature of the Department of Tourism and Conferences guarantees that organisers continuity for their projects in the medium and long term.
Regarding the Destination of Monaco, the Convention Bureau :
- creates and updates prospect databases for marketing to different markets,
- implements its computer network and extends it to all of its offices abroad,
- manages and offers premium services on the website ,
- broadly monitors technological development so that the offer may be adapted to new client expectations relating to organisation,
- searches for new market niches relating to international conventions and exhibitions,
- promotes Destination Monaco as a whole, by organising various presentations on the different markets, in association with its offices abroad and various other partners (hotels, agencies, transport companies, tourist attractions...). If you would like to participate in one of our presentations, please send us your name and address,
- representing the Principality at the main international tourism exhibitions,
- files international proposals for Destination Monaco,
- implements public relations campaigns, with the objective of creating a European Decision-Makers Club in the Principality,
- manages logistics for institutional meetings on behalf of the Government.
For its clients and prospects the Monaco Convention Bureau provides :
- free of charge feasibility study for the project,
- availability search for available rooms, hotels and other places in the Principality,
- provision of an initial budget (without any obligation on the client's part),
- the organisation of preliminary visits of the Destination (co-ordinating the visiting programme with the client and partners, and accompaniment during the visit) in order to select the places best suited to the client's project,
- the drafting of a personalised proposal, in association with the partners retained by the client,
- the creation of an ad-hoc trilingual multimedia presentation (in French, English, and Italian) about the Destination, the assistance of Convention Bureau professionals to support the proposal and provide promotional material,
- a working group that will accompany the client during the different stages of his project,
- preparation, co-ordination, and negotiation of hotel contracts as well as the schedules of payments,
- a vast quantity of free documentation in 8 different languages about the Destination (town map, restaurants, museums, etc.) during the promotion of the event, as well as while it takes place in the Principality.
Monaco Convention Bureau works on behalf of its clients and prospects by remaining an attentive partner, from the development to the final completion of their project.