Fort Antoine

Fort Antoine

This fortress built at the beginning of the 18th century is now an open air theatre; it was rebuilt in 1953 under the initiative of HRH Prince Rainier III after having been destroyed in 1944.

Its military architecture, watchtower and the almost total solitude which can be found there, all combine to give it a particular charm. Its stage has been pleasantly arranged with a pyramid of cannon balls at its centre. The military architecture of the fort is emphasised by the pittosporum hedges which serve as protection where there is no parapet.

Access Map
Avenue de la Quarantaine - Monaco-Ville
Tel. +377 93 15 80 00
Fax +377 93 50 66 94
Free admission (except shows)

 »Close

Oceanographic Museum

Opened in 1910 by its founder Prince Albert 1st, this exceptional museum, is a masterpiece of monumental architecture overlooking the sea on top of a sheer drop of 85 meters.  »Read more