Monaco Government Tourist and Convention Office
7 Upper Grosvenor Street
London W1K 2LX
Tel : +44 (0)207 491 4264
Fax : +44 (0)207 408 2487
It was built in 1893 by Charles Garnier, the architect of the Paris Opera House.
Its marble paved "atrium", surrounded with 28 Ionic columns made of onyx, gives access to the Opera Hall which is entirely decorated in red and gold, with bas-reliefs and sculptures. For more than a century, its stage has been the setting for international operatic creations, prestigious concerts, and exceptional ballets. Its series of "Gaming Rooms" are marvellously decorated with stained glass windows, sculptures, and allegorical paintings.
| || || ||
Built with the stark white stones from La Turbie in 1875, this Roman-Byzantine-style building houses the burial places of past sovereigns, including Prince Rainier and Princess Grace. »Read more
This fortress built at the beginning of the 18th century is now an open air theatre; it was rebuilt in 1953 under the initiative of HRH Prince Rainier III after having been destroyed in 1944. »Read more
This 11th century votive chapel is dedicated to the Principality's and Princely family's Patron Saint. »Read more
This Renaissance style building with its bell tower raising 30 metres skywards was inaugurated in 1883.Nineteen stained glass windows lighten up its nave, where the gilded chandelier comes from the old arms room at the Princely Palace. »Read more
Guardian of an ancient tradition, this Palace located in a unique setting, was built on the site of a fortress erected by the Genoese in 1215. »Read more
This Palace was built in 1924, on the personal initiative of HSH Prince Louis II and inaugurated on May 1st 1930. »Read more
Located in the Old Town, this chapel where the inaugural stone was blessed in 1639 in the reign of Prince Honoré II, Prior of the Brotherhood of Black Penitents, is built with just one nave. For four centuries on Easter Friday, this chapel was the starting point for the traditional procession. It was aboli... »Read more