LeaderBoard 1 LeaderBoard 2

Oceanographic Museum

Oceanographic Museum

Opened in 1910 by its founder Prince Albert 1st, this exceptional museum, is a masterpiece of monumental architecture overlooking the sea on top of a sheer drop of 85 meters.

It took eleven years of work to build and 100,000 tonnes of huge La Turbie stones which are naturally light brown but acquire a pale grey patina under the effect of the rain.

Open daily (except the day of the Formula 1 Grand-Prix):

  • April to June, 9.30am – 7pm
  • July and August, 9.30am – 7.30pm
  • September : 9.30am – 7pm
  • October to March, 10am – 6pm

Prices (per person):

  • Adults: 13 €
  • Children aged 4-18 and students: 6.50 €

Access Map
Avenue Saint-Martin - Monaco-Ville
Tel. +377 93 15 36 00
Fax +377 93 50 52 97
E-mail: musee@oceano.mc
Website: www.oceano.mc

Visit duration: 2½ hours


Monaco Cathedral

Built with the stark white stones from La Turbie in 1875, this Roman-Byzantine-style building houses the burial places of past sovereigns, including Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.  »Read more

Fort Antoine

This fortress built at the beginning of the 18th century is now an open air theatre; it was rebuilt in 1953 under the initiative of HRH Prince Rainier III after having been destroyed in 1944.  »Read more

Sainte- Dévote Church

This 11th century votive chapel is dedicated to the Principality's and Princely family's Patron Saint.  »Read more

Saint-Charles Church

This Renaissance style building with its bell tower raising 30 metres skywards was inaugurated in 1883.Nineteen stained glass windows lighten up its nave, where the gilded chandelier comes from the old arms room at the Princely Palace.  »Read more

Monte-Carlo Casino

It was built in 1893 by Charles Garnier, the architect of the Paris Opera House.  »Read more

Prince's Palace : The State Apartments

Guardian of an ancient tradition, this Palace located in a unique setting, was built on the site of a fortress erected by the Genoese in 1215.  »Read more


This Palace was built in 1924, on the personal initiative of HSH Prince Louis II and inaugurated on May 1st 1930.  »Read more

Chapel of Mercy

Located in the Old Town, this chapel where the inaugural stone was blessed in 1639 in the reign of Prince Honoré II, Prior of the Brotherhood of Black Penitents, is built with just one nave. For four centuries on Easter Friday, this chapel was the starting point for the traditional procession. It was aboli... »Read more