Monte-Carlo Casino and Opera House

Monte-Carlo Casino and Opera House

It was built in 1893 by Charles Garnier, the architect of the Paris Opera House. Its marble paved "atrium", surrounded with 28 Ionic columns made of onyx, gives access to the Opera Hall which is entirely decorated in red and gold, with bas-reliefs and sculptures.

For more than a century, its stage has been the setting for international operatic creations, prestigious concerts, and exceptional ballets. Its series of "Gaming Rooms" are marvellously decorated with stained glass windows, sculptures, and allegorical paintings.
The Casino will close for major renovations - the first time in its 145-year history - and reopen in 2010. *During its closure, Casino gaming will relocate to the Sporting Monte-Carlo.)

Access Map
Place du Casino
Tel : + 377 98 06 21 21
Website : www.casinomontecarlo.com et www.opera.mc
Visit duration: 40 minutes.

Restricted access – over 18’s only.
Proof of identity required.

Entrance fee: €10

 »Close

Oceanographic Museum

Opened in 1910 by its founder Prince Albert 1st, this exceptional museum, is a masterpiece of monumental architecture overlooking the sea on top of a sheer drop of 85 meters.  »Read more