During the Ballet de Monte-Carlo's tour in Spain, the DTC organised several promotional and press campaigns
Monaco Tourist and Convention Authority, represented by its Director, Guillaume Rose, Laurence Aquilina, Marketing and Sales Manager and Valérie Tomatis-Nouailhac, Press Relations Officer, travelled to Spain from 7 to 14 February 2017.
With a growth in GDP of 3.2% in 2016 and ranked in eleventh place for visitors to the Principality, Spain remains an attractive local market for Monaco.
The tour was punctuated by round tables, individual meetings and two evening events to present the Principality, at the Casa Fuster Hotel in Barcelona and the Financial Club of Madrid, which was an opportunity for meetings and discussions with twenty travel agencies and more than sixty media.
The premiere of the Monte-Carlo Ballet's Tour in Spain*, which took place in Madrid on 10 February at the Teatros del Canal, also enabled the Tourist and Convention Authority to organise a Public Relations campaign for journalists and tourism professionals.
The performance of "Romeo and Juliet," an iconic work from the Company's repertoire, was followed by a cocktail party and buffet, held with the Embassy of Monaco in Madrid, and attended by 120 guests in the presence of:
- H.E. Mr. Jean-Luc Van Klaveren, Ambassador of Monaco to Spain
- Guillaume Rose, Director of the Tourist and Convention Authority of the Principality of Monaco
- Jean-Christophe Maillot, Director and Choreographer of the Ballets de Monte-Carlo
- The dancers of the Ballets de Monte-Carlo
- D. Santiago de Ybarra y Sra. (Condes de El Abra), President of the Vocento Group
- D. Evelio Acevedo, Director General of the Thyssen-Bornemisza Foundation
- D. Francisco Jiménez Barn, Consul of Monaco in Barcelona
- Ms. Francisca Juliá-Iborra, Consul of Monaco in Valencia
- Mr. Philippe Guillaumet, Consul of Monaco in Madrid
- D. Gonzalo Guzmán, Consul of Monaco in Bilbao
- D. Manuel Ferreiro, Prince Albert II Foundation in Spain
- D. Christian Nieto de Gea, Vice-Consul of Monaco in Ibiza
*Spain is a flagship destination for the Ballets de Monte-Carlo. This was the 4th time they had the honour of being invited to the Teatros del Canal in Madrid and the 5th invitation to the Centro Kursaal Donostia in San Sebastian. The four performances to full houses in Madrid, from 10 to 12 February, and the performance in San Sebastian, on 15 February, were all warmly received by the Spanish audiences and the critics.