For the festive season, the Oceanographic Museum is offering the public a chance to take part in a wide range of different activities and learn about the marine world while having fun - the perfect way to end the year.
A new activity: "Stroke the Sharks with Santa Claus"
Gently and respectfully, with Santa Claus, visitors will learn to stroke the back or side of the sharks. An unforgettable experience.
• From 1.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. > Temporary Exhibition Room (Level 0)
Also new is virtual underwater diving, or how to dive without getting wet; below the Museum, see a preview of the rich diversity of the Monegasque sea beds in a panoramic format, with Google's Liquid Galaxy.
This new-generation flight simulator combines satellite images from Google Earth with 3D views.
• Open access from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. > Introductory sessions at 11.45 a.m. and 3 p.m. - Salle Albert Ier (Level 2)
In Search of the "Mystery Shark"
Children will set off with their family on the tracks of the Mystery Shark, with the help of a book of puzzles, available free of charge at the ticket office.
A fun teaching aid and a way of seeing the exhibition devoted to the lords of the sea – the Sharks – in a new light.
• From 10 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. > Salle de la Baleine (Whale Room)(Level1)
Discover or rediscover:
Feeding time for the fish – meal time for the "residents." A spectacular, interactive time with staff from the Museum.
• At 11 a.m. > Aquarium (Level -1)
Guided discovery tour of the "Sharks" exhibition
An introduction to the many aspects of sharks, from the tips of their teeth to their fins, by an activity leader.
• At 2.30 p.m. and 4 p.m. > Salle de la Baleine (Whale Room) (Level 1)
The Touch Pool!
Touch a starfish, feel the prickles of a sea urchin, stroke a baby Mediterranean shark …
Supplement of 5 €/child (3 to 12 years of age), maximum of 15 children per session, booking NOT required.
• At 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. > Meet in the Entrance Hall (Level 0)
The Cinema of the Sea
During the festive season, the Museum will show a selection of films each day based on the "Sharks" exhibition, for a better understanding of these lords of the oceans.
• From 1 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. Salle de Conférences (Lecture Room)(Level 0)
Further information and Prices: www.oceano.mc