Monaco Cathedral

Monaco Cathedral

Built with the stark white stones from La Turbie in 1875, this Roman-Byzantine-style building houses the burial places of past sovereigns, including Prince Rainier and Princess Grace.

From the interior design, you can admire an altarpiece by the Niçois painter Louis Bréa dating from 1500 as well as the high alter and the Episcopal throne of Carrara white marble. Pontifical services are held during great liturgical celebrations accompanied by the harmonies of a grand organ with four keyboards, inaugurated in 1976 the magnificence of which permits the organisation of outstanding spiritual concerts. From September to June every Sunday at 10am, mass is sung by the “Les Petits Chanteurs de Monaco” and “Cathedral Choir”.

Access Map
4, rue Colonel-Bellando-de-Castro - Monaco-Ville
Tel. +377 93 30 87 70
Free admission (outside religious services), 8.30am – 7pm (6pm in winter)

 »Close

Fort Antoine

This fortress built at the beginning of the 18th century is now an open air theatre; it was rebuilt in 1953 under the initiative of HRH Prince Rainier III after having been destroyed in 1944.  »Read more

Sainte- Dévote Church

This 11th century votive chapel is dedicated to the Principality's and Princely family's Patron Saint.  »Read more

Saint-Charles Church

This Renaissance style building with its bell tower raising 30 metres skywards was inaugurated in 1883.Nineteen stained glass windows lighten up its nave, where the gilded chandelier comes from the old arms room at the Princely Palace.  »Read more

Monte-Carlo Casino and Opera House

It was built in 1893 by Charles Garnier, the architect of the Paris Opera House.  »Read more

Prince's Palace : The State Apartments

Guardian of an ancient tradition, this Palace located in a unique setting, was built on the site of a fortress erected by the Genoese in 1215.  »Read more

Courthouse

This Palace was built in 1924, on the personal initiative of HSH Prince Louis II and inaugurated on May 1st 1930.  »Read more

Chapel of Mercy

Located in the Old Town, this chapel where the inaugural stone was blessed in 1639 in the reign of Prince Honoré II, Prior of the Brotherhood of Black Penitents, is built with just one nave. For four centuries on Easter Friday, this chapel was the starting point for the traditional procession. It was aboli... »Read more