The Reformed Church of Monaco

7, rue Louis Notari
98000 Monaco
The Reformed Church of Monaco was founded as a non-profit association (the “Association de l'Église réformée de la Principauté de Monaco”) by a Ministerial Decree (n° 58163) on 18 May 1958. 

The church was officially inaugurated on 9 October 1959, at a ceremony attended by Pastor Marc Boegner, President of the French Reformed Church, and Pastor Willem Visser't Hooft, Secretary General of the Ecumenical Council of Churches.  An understated, well-lit building with an austere interior, located at 7 rue Louis Notari, the church houses a Tamburini organ played at every service, alternating between Saturday evenings at 6 pm and Sunday mornings at 11 am. 

The church was built at the instigation of a Swiss businessman, Adam Oser. On the death of his wife, the memorial service was held at the Anglican church, which at the time was used by the Reformed Church congregation. Adam Oser was keen to build a church, referred to as a “temple” by Protestants in France and Monaco, specifically for the Reformed Church community.  To that end, he set up a foundation to purchase a plot of land and construct the building, on what was then Rue de la Poste.

A multicultural community

An independent church, it is part of the reformed or Presbyterian tradition begun in the 16th century by Ulrich Zwingli and Jean Calvin. It is associated with the United Protestant Church of France (EPUF), and shares a pastor with the EPUF parish in Menton.

The Reformed Church of Monaco is a multicultural community that attaches great importance to ecumenical relations in the Principality. The temple hosts activities for other faiths and associations. The Reformed Church also has a mutual aid service that helps to fund charity projects.  In 2019, it contributed to the charity effort launched by the diocese of Monaco in aid of a school in Kirkuk, Iraq.