This fortress built at the beginning of the 18th century is now an open air theatre; it was rebuilt in 1953 under the initiative of HRH Prince Rainier III after having been destroyed in 1944.
Its military architecture, watchtower and the almost total solitude which can be found there, all combine to give it a particular charm. Its stage has been pleasantly arranged with a pyramid of cannon balls at its centre.
The military architecture of the fort is emphasised by the pittosporum hedges which serve as protection where there is no parapet.
Free admission (except during the shows)