On 22 and 23 November, the Théâtre des Variétés will host a triptych evening as part of the Belartis Festival.Friday 22 and Saturday 23 November 2019, at 8 pm Théâtre des Variétés
The Théâtre des Variétés will host an exceptional evening on 22 and 23 November, with a blend of music, dancing and photography, a "triptych" experience for all the senses.
The duo Nouvelle Philharmonie, comprising cellist Dima Tsypkin and pianist Sergey Smirnov, will perform pieces by a variety of composers, along with one of their own pieces, composed in 2019:
- Arvo Pärt – Fratres (1977)
- Philip Glass – Escape (2002)
- Jean-Sébastien Bach – Andante (1740)
- Nouvelle Philharmonie – Bois de Vincennes (2019)
- Ólafur Arnalds – Undan Hulu (2010)
- Philip Glass – Song 1 (2007)
- Nils Frahm – Hammers (2013)
- Astor Piazzolla – Le Grand Tango (1982)
The evening will also feature an exhibition by Pavel Tatarnikov, a Belarusian artist based in Minsk, with paintings evoking the enchanting world of Belarus folk tales, and a historical, fairy-like reconstruction of the country's most iconic cities and castles.
Finally, the Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts will be presenting Chancel, a contemporary dance show from the institution's choreography department.
22 and 23 November at 8 pm
Théâtre des Variétés
To find out more or book tickets